Although in some cases diarrhoea is unavoidable, there are some things which can reduce the risk!
Can you imagine that gastrointestinal diseases account for about 10% of veterinary visits? Animal Nutritionals has investigated why.
“Diarrhea is one of the most frequent clinical signs,” reveals Dr. Jan Suchodolski, associate professor and associate director for microbiome sciences of the Gastrointestinal Laboratory at Texas A&M University, in College Station, Texas. “Abnormal stool may also be the first symptom of a more systemic disease process, such as kidney, liver, and some endocrine disorders.”
Diarrhea in pets can be caused by a number of things, including:
- Food intolerance, an allergic reaction or stress
- Ingestion of spoiled food or garbage, like: plastic bags, socks, etc.
- Bacterial infections or internal parasites
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Kidney or liver disease
- Colitis or gastroenteritis
Although in some cases diarrhoea is unavoidable, there are some things which can reduce the risk:
- Make sure your four-legged friend is free of parasites
- Keep spoiled food out of reach!
- Ensure your pet doesn’t eat plants or faeces while walking
- Minimize stress to his environment
- Provide your pet with a balanced diet and nutritional digestive supplement!
Finally, if your dog suffers some indigestion there is an excellent remedy against diarrhea. GastroBalance is a UK veterinarian-formulated premium digestive supplements brand exclusively dedicated to promoting the gut health of your pet using all-natural ingredients.
GastroBalance Fast-Acting Diarrhoea Relief is based on highly-absorbent Montmorillonite, which provides instant diarrhoea relief and firms-up stools with immediate results, whilst also removing toxins and other unwanted wastes from the body to eliminate the cause of stomach upsets and restore normal digestive system balance. Available on Amazon UK for Small (< 5 kg), Medium (6-10kg) and Large dogs (>10kg).